Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful summer! We are getting ready for the school year to begin. I cannot believe that Lyndsey will the an 8th grader! Today we did the school clothes shopping thing. It is much easier since Lyndsey's school has a dress code that requires polo type shirts and very plain pants, shorts or skirts. Of course, nearly being a teenager we HAD to get the coolest polos we could...Aeropostle! Thank goodness they were having a sale! Anyway, she is happy with her "uniform" and is as ready for school to begin as she can be.

James is starting pre-school this year. He will be at the same school as last, but now gets dropped off in a carpool lane. Big boy stuff, huh? We meet his teacher next week and hopefully James will get reacquainted with his old buddies! Although he is not excited about the new year, he will adjust just fine.

Byron is still with Southwest. He has been working a lot and getting ready for his check-ride that is coming up in September. He has been studying most of the time when he is home but still finds time to play with the family. He does a lot of practing with his kite boarding kite at the park gearing up for lessons. He LOVES it. I cannot wait to see him finally get out into the water...and don't worry, I'll have the video camera on hand.

Me, well I am activily looking for employment. After being out of work for 3+ years, it is a little more difficult. I have found several jobs that have really sparked my interest, so keep your fingers crossed! Other than that, I have been spending lots of time with the kids and sprucing up the house. Most of the painting is done, except for the kids rooms. Of course, theirs will be the fun ones...all the detail and "art" to be painting on the walls. Lyndsey has a clear vision for her room but I am still working on a plan for James'.

Well, it is late and we have early appointments to get to in the morning...dentist..YUCK (thank goodness it's for the kids and not me). Take care and I'll post another update soon.

Love,
Anne

2 comments:

LaurenSmith said...

Oh Anne! I am so glad you updated your blog. I would check periodically to see if you had written anything! You all have been on my mind so much here lately that I got on tonight to update my blog in hopes it would tell you! I, for some reason, cannot figure out how to "follow" you. :p I cannot believe Lyndsey and James are so old. I know, I say that everytime! Crinan is one! Oh, what are the colors you are doing in Lyndsey's room? I ask this because I actually started on a painting tonight for her..is she still into frogs? The colors I have are: blue/green, red, purple, yellow...ok I'm going to go take a picture right now and add it to my blog so go look. Don't tell her! :)

iplaysax4015 said...

Anne, you are a talented lady. Of course, I admit that my admiration is more than just casual, since father-in laws are allowed to be partial to beautiful talented gals who married my son! The kids are growing like weeds and Lyndsey is really going to be a beauty. I only hope she doesn't look in the mirror.
Thanks for sharing,
Love,
Lynn (Gpa Hale)