Friday, April 2, 2010

When You Wish You Had Your Camera....

As you all know, Lyndsey is on the track team. Her track meets have begun and I brought my camera to the first meet but it was raining and windy so I was unable to get any pictures or video. Wednesday she had her second meet and realized as I pulled into the parking lot - and hour late - I realized I did not have my camera with me! Since I was so late I couldn't turn around and go back home and get it. I I figured what was the harm, I probably wouldn't be able to get a good shot anyway, right? Boy was I wrong!!! Lyndsey was amazing and I could have gotten some amazing pictures and videos.

Lyndsey's first competition was the triple jump. I had never seen this event but it is similar to the long jump with a hop to it. Lyndsey did really well, but I don't believe that she placed. Her next event was the 2 X 400 relay and she was the final leg of her team. The first runner had a rough start which put their team in last place....in a big way. One the baton reached Lyndsey I felt sorry for her. I was like, she is going to have to run the final stretch in front of everyone, dead last. Again, I was wrong. The runner before Lyndsey passes the baton to her and Lyndsey takes off...all you see are her long, slender legs moving like the speed of like. And slowly she closes the gap between her the the team in front of her. Some how Lyndsey brings her team from dead last to THIRD place at the finish line. It was a photo finish between Lyndsey and one other girl and Lyndsey won out. I was yelling, along with her entire team and coaches. I was so proud. I had never seen such determination and focus on her face in the 13 years of her life. What an amazing thing to see as a parent.

Her last event was the 400m dash. She placed third is that event, which made me very proud as well. She wasn't happy with her time and is striving to do better. I think she is pushing herself for first. I can't wait to see how she does next week. And I promise not to forget my camera!!!

No comments: